Discover another side to asparagus. Here, tender white asparagus is spiced up with a fruity strawberry and tomato chutney. A delicious combination of delicate asparagus flavors, sweet aromatic strawberries, Mediterranean spices and a fiery kick of chili sauce.
- 1 kg white asparagus peeled
- 2 g salt
- 2 g sugar
- 4 g Butter
- 120 g fresh strawberries
- 20 g red onions
- 1 dash rosemary oil or olive oil
- 8 ml balsamic vinegar
- 20 g green onions
- ½ lime
- 200 g finely chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 4 g tarragon
- 20 g tomato purée
- 40 ml sweet & sour chili sauce
- 4 g sugar
- a pinch of steakhouse pepper seasoning
- 1 dash basil oil
- 1 dash lemon-lime-oil
- salt, pepper
- White asparagus: Season the water with salt and sugar. Bring the water to the boil, add the butter and cook the asparagus for 10 minutes (adjust the time according to the thickness of the asparagus). Rinse the asparagus in cold water and warm in the tomato juice before serving.
- Strawberry and tomato chutney: Clean the fresh strawberries. Sweat the onion in a skillet with a dash of rosemary oil or olive oil. Deglaze with a dash of balsamic vinegar and allow to cool. Slice the scallions into fine rings. Zest the lime (only use untreated limes). Peel and dice the lime. Drain the tomatoes in a sieve. Pick tarragon leaves from the stem. Stir the tomato purée into the tomato juice until smooth. Mix in the tomatoes, spring onions, diced onions, strawberries, diced lime and lime zest. Season with chili sauce, sugar, steakhouse pepper seasoning, basil oil and lemon-lime oil. Top with the tarragon.
- Warm the ciabatta and slice it into portions.
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.