Summer pasta delight that tastes fresh from the sea with delicious prawns and lightly caramelized lemons. Fine seasoning derives from melted red onions and tomatoes with a little garlic. Toasted almonds on top guarantee crunchy bite. Perfect for a balmy summer evening!
- 340 g Spaghetti or linguini or any other type of pasta
- 300 g prawns frozen
- 1 organic lemon
- 30 g cane sugar
- 40 g almonds
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 200 g red onions cut into strips
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 160 g tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt, pepper, chili
- Simmer the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Defrost the prawns.
- Wash the lemon and cut it into very thin slices. Marinate it in cane sugar and a little salt for at least one hour.
- Toast the almonds in a frying pan, then chop finely.
- Heat the oil, then sweat the garlic and onions. Add the lemons along with any marinade juices and allow to caramelize. Add the prawns, gently toss and then deglaze with the vegetable stock. Carefully mix in the pasta and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and chili.
- Plate up the pasta and garnish with the almonds and chopped parsley.
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.