Original barbecue feeling in a bowl: Chicken breast fillets marinated in BBQ seasoning cavorts with golden millet in a colorful bowl of fine cauliflower florets, carrots, iceberg lettuce and bright red pomegranate seeds. A hearty topping of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and puffed amaranth adds bite. BBQ in a bowl – excitingly different.
- 200 g millet
- 4 chicken breast fillets 120 g each
- 10 g BBQ chicken seasoning
- 20 ml rapeseed oil
- 120 g cauliflower florets washed
- some salt, pepper, olive oil
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g pumpkin seeds
- 25 g sugar
- 120 g carrots peeled
- ½ pomegranate
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- 100 ml orange juice freshly pressed
- 1 tsp mustard
- 80 ml olive oil
- 10 g puffed amaranth
- 10 g fresh cilantro leaves
- Boil the millet in salted water and drain.
- Season the chicken breast fillets with the BBQ seasoning, then sear both sides in hot oil until golden brown. Roast in the oven at approx. 120°C for around 15 minutes until cooked.
- Marinate the cauliflower in some salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake in the oven at 160°C for approx. 20 minutes. It’s fine if it’s still got a bit of a bite to it (al dente).
- Caramelize the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in sugar, pour onto baking paper, leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- Finely grate the carrots. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. Chop the iceberg lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the orange juice, mustard and olive oil to make a dressing. Season with curry powder, honey, salt and pepper.
- Arrange all of the prepared ingredients separately in a bowl. Top with the curry dressing, caramelized seeds, puffed amaranth and coriander.
Note: Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that‘s right for you.